A real seaworthy little cruiser
She is the "big" brother of Souriceau.
The boat is designed to be built by home-builders, or by a professional yard. Aviateur 5,70m can be sailed with your family during coastal navigations.
She has been designed for high seas as well as Minis 6.50m, to be a very seaworthy little boat.
- Building material: 9mm thick. marine plywood, glass fiber and epoxy resin.
- Hull lenght: 5,70 m
Lenght at DWL: 5,70 m
- Lenght over all, LOA: 5,95 m
- Beam max. : 2,50 m
- Beam (max) at DWL : 1,9 m
- Fwd freeboard: 0,95 m
- Aft freeboard: 0,81 m
- Draft min./max.0,66 m / 1,31 m
- Retractable keel with tackle (easy and simple system)
- Lenght from DWL to the head of the mast: 8,88 m
- Engine: outboard from 2 HP to 6 HP
- Mainsail Area: 14,4m2
- Solent Area: 8,09m2
- Total Area to windward: 22,5m2
- Spinnaker Area (asymetrical): 27m2
- Sliding integrated pool (through the watertight anchor locker)
- Displacement: 625 kg
- Déplacement (half loading) 837.5 kg
- Déplacement (full loading) 1050 kg
- CAN BE WELL LOADED FOR BIG NAVIGATIONS
- Keel ballast: 230kg with 200kg of bulb
- Unsinkable with flotation foam under berthes
- European Conception Category: C3 D4
Aviateur 5,70m is a very stiff boat with a big interior volume.
-Galley with one stove
-High stability for the lenght.
-Forward anchor locker.
-Companionway, where you can handle all
-Forward double berth, very wide, with a big deck hatche just above.
-Keel sleeve stopped at the berth level.
-Big volume inside, with big space given by the "empty" bulkheads.
-Side berths 60cm by 2m of lenght.
-Big volume above berths
-2 couple tillers: 1 outside and one inside, to helm under the plexiglass bubbles.
Very simple developpable construction - Hull with only 4 chines, with a flat bottom hullshell. Deck with 2 chines, with flat panels.
Construction: epoxy-marine plywood.
If you choose to built Aviateur 5.70m at home, the price of the materials (near european prices) is about 10100 € without sails.
Mainsail+solent+spinnaker = 3470 €
Time of construction: about 400-500 hours.
She is trailerable too. (boat,625kg + trailer,180kg = 805kg to be trailered). When the boat is driven in the water, the trailer is immersed (like the open boat of the same length): a rope is placed betwen the ball of the car and the trailer. in the diagram below, you can observe that the fixed rudder-skegs don't touch the bottom.
The boat can be rigged alone: a transverse axis enables the mast to rotate around with security.
We place the shrouds on their chainplates, and rotate the mast forward with a halyard. Then, we just have to place the stay.
For more information about Inseparable, contact Eric Henseval: email@example.com - or visit his website
Plans and Study plans available at Duckworksbbs.com